Recruiting/Executive Search/Consulting Trade Specific to
Wood and Wood Product Manufacturing and Processing
Click here to inquire about this job.
TJP Job ID
TJP Job ID
Finishing Manager, Flat Line
Our Client is seeking an hands on experienced Flat Line Finish Manager to be part of their woodworking team. They are a fast growing Cabinet Manufacturer.
The Finish Manager will provide the technical expertise, innovation and leadership to drive finish activities for the division, including product development, problem resolution, continuous improvement, capital projects, and vendor qualification.
-Manage all finish technicians, associates, and activities while approve color matching.
-Execute projects that target improvement to key finish metrics.
-Develop and implement capital projects with budget responsibility.
-Manage and report continuous improvement project savings monthly.
-Determines methods, machines, materials that support new products.
-Establish, document, and implement standard procedures based on empirical results.
-Assist in developing preventive maintenance procedures and schedules on finishing equipment.
-Conduct routine audits to ensure conformance to documented best practices and standard operating procedures.
-Work collaboratively with established and new vendors to solve problems and create opportunities.
-Provide technical training to manufacturing leadership and associates.
-Ensure finish materials are available to meet on-time metrics.
-Network with finish specialists throughout the organization.
-Other duties as assigned.
-Flat Line wood coatings experience.
-Excellent teamwork facilitation skills.
-Strong problem solving & leadership skills.
-Good verbal and written communication skills.
-Minimum of 4-6 years of hands-on coatings experience in a high volume production facility.
-Knowledge of the cabinet and/or furniture industry
• Knowledge of all types of woodwork finishing, top coats, and painting lacquers (off the gun and hand rubbed).
• Must have color and mixing knowledge and ability.
• Full knowledge of wood and paint finishing process and materials.
• Experience Managing multiple finishers.
2) Knowledge and work experience in automatic flat lines.
3) Inspect, train and evaluate painters.
4) Oversee maintenance schedule for paint division.
5) Create productivity logs and evaluate daily/ weekly / monthly output.
- degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or other comparable degree, or equivalent experience.
$70k - $100k plus discretionary bonus
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO and holidays.
We Proudly Sponsor
Terms and Conditions