Recruiting/Executive Search/Consulting Trade Specific to
Wood and Wood Product Manufacturing and Processing
Click here to inquire about this job.
TJP Job ID
TJP Job ID
Design Engineer Custom Wood and Store Fixture Manufacturing
Engineer is responsible for supporting projects with thoughtfully detailed/engineered, direct to fabrication models and shop drawings using current 3D and 2D CAD software. Engineer is responsible for the programming of company CNC equipment, the development of parametric scripts, and providing general assistance to company project managers as assigned.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Reads architectural drawings in order to extract information pertinent to project scope
• Develops 2D CAD drawings, with details and accuracy necessary for fabrication.
• Develops shop drawings with design intent, materiality, and notations communicated clearly.
• Prints and self-reviews shop drawing sets in anticipation of VDC Lead, Project Manager, Director of Projects, Production Manager, and Ownership review.
• Expected to develop literacy in Rhinoceros, Grasshopper and Solidworks and a variety of drawing and design applications.
• Contributes to the development of 3D models for project components using multiple software platforms.
• Contributes to the development of parameter-based drawings and models for rapid iteration.
• Expected to gain literacy in Mastercam, Wood Wop, and any other CNC programming software currently utilized.
• Programs CNC machinery including nesting, tooling, collision detection, feeds and speeds, etc.
• Assists Project Management, and production and logistics teams when needed
• Contributes efforts to shop improvement projects as needed
• Proficient in AutoCAD
• Proficient in MS Office Suite and Google Docs
• Proficient in use of electronic communication such as email, chat, and cloud-based collaborative platforms
• Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision and with a high degree of personal initiative, strong personal management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Identifies complex problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Participate in project coordination meetings and provides technical CAD expertise to project management team members.
• Manages and coordinates work assignments in relation to deadlines.
• Gives full attention to what other people are saying, takes time to understand the points being made, asks questions as appropriate.
• Effectively conveys accurate information to Senior Management, PMs and Team Members in a professional manner.
• Excellent written communication skills
• Uses basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) to solve problems as well as a working knowledge of fractions, decimals, and imperial-to-metric conversion.
50K-65K annual salary commensurate with experience
· Health Insurance
· Paid Time Off
· 401K with Company Match
· Early Fridays
We Proudly Sponsor
Terms and Conditions