Recruiting/Executive Search/Consulting Trade Specific to
Wood and Wood Product Manufacturing and Processing
Click here to inquire about this job.
TJP Job ID
TJP Job ID
VDC Catia Specialist Custom Wood and Store Fixture Manufacturing
VDC Catia Specialist is responsible for supporting projects with competent, effective support by preparing ‘direct to fabrication’ 3D models and shop drawings using Catia for building-scale and amenity-scale architectural projects. Passionate about creating designs that emphasize automation and help streamline our workflow. Parametric modeling, fitness testing, scoring, case scenarios, rationalization and optimization are a large part of this role. The fast-paced, collaborative nature of custom design and fabrication makes the ability to express ideas both verbally and through sketches paramount.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Ensures that all 2D and 3D CAD work meets company standards of quality and project requirements.
• Exchanges and coordinates outward-facing digital models and information in a manner that meets company standards.
• Oversees creation and maintenance of automation templates within Catia.
• Understands, and is able to effectively utilize and leverage, all CNC equipment utilized in the fabrication.
• Continuously improves own understanding of fabrication methods and processes, as well as relevant industry standards.
• Continuously trouble-shoots ‘direct to fabrication processes’ and is able to identify inefficiencies and recommend improvements.
• Provides guidance for best practices in coordination and maintenance of Catia models and drawings.
• Uses Catia, AutoCAD, Rhinoceros, and SolidWorks for a variety of drawing and design applications
• Mastercam, Wood Wop, and other CNC programming software currently utilized
• Proficient in MS Office Suite and Google Docs
• Proficient in use of electronic communication such as email, chat, and cloud-based collaborative platforms
• Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision and with a high degree of personal initiative, strong personal management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Identifies complex problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Participate in project coordination meetings and provides technical CAD expertise to project management team members.
• Manages and coordinates work assignments in relation to deadlines.
• Gives full attention to what other people are saying, takes time to understand the points being made, asks questions as appropriate.
• Effectively conveys accurate information to Senior Management, PMs and Team Members in a professional manner.
• Excellent written communication skills
• Uses basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) to solve problems as well as a working knowledge of fractions, decimals, and imperial-to-metric conversion.
• Near Vision - The ability to identify details at close range (within a few feet of the observer)
• Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
• Maintain Stationary Position – The ability to sit continuously for up to 2 hours at a time
• Occasional Light Lifting – The ability to lift up to 25lbs from time-to-time
65-85K annual salary commensurate
· Health Insurance
· Paid Time Off
· 401K with Company Match
· Early Fridays
We Proudly Sponsor
Terms and Conditions