Manage the plant in production of Fixtures, built ins and casework.
The Plant Manager is responsible for ensuring that all production activities are completed on time and on
budget. The Production Manager is also responsible for meeting manufacturing quality standards and ensuring
adequate throughput to meet company revenue objectives. Job performance is measured by comparing actual
production cost to budgets, actual completion dates versus committed dates and actual production throughput
compared to scheduled throughput. Embracing the core competencies noted below are also critical for success.
• Provides leadership, supervision and direction of assigned departments, including tooling, machining,
assembly, maintenance, shipping, receiving and inventory
• Ensures employees have required training, materials, components, tools and equipment needed to
perform their tasks safely and efficiently
• Supervise and assign projects to shop fabricators
• Understands working properties and grading of all hardwoods and softwoods
• Oversees requisition of materials for timely just in time completion of work
• Review and approve all time expended by employees, ensure accurate time records are kept
• Coordinate status and completion dates for all projects with management team
• Supervise Shop Foreman, receiving, shipping, and coordinate with Project Managers to maintain
• Develop and interpret plans to efficiently use materials, labor, and equipment to meet production
• Understand and promote continuous Improvement principles
• Monitor and enforce adherence to safety policies
• Identify shop bottlenecks; propose and implement solutions
• Coordinate maintenance and repairs of plant facilities and machinery
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• High school diploma or equivalent education and supervisory training and experience
• Must be able to understand and interpret design drawings and technical manuals for a range of
products and machines.
• Exceptional understanding of all aspects of woodworking materials, machinery, cutting, milling, finishing
• High level of initiative, ability to handle multiple projects, strong problem‐solving skills, strong
negotiation and collaboration skills, good judgment and the ability to deal appropriately with sensitive
• Strong communication, time management, inter‐personal, team building, leadership and mentoring
• Experience in lean manufacturing, process control, inventory control, and scheduling
• Must have High Level proficiency in all phases of architectural woodwork manufacturing.
$65k – $85k
Health Care, 401K, Vacation, Holidays
For immediate consideration forward your resume to email@example.com or call me at 417-214-5082 to discuss.